Amazing: Magnesium (Mg) plays a key role in over 300 biochemical reactions that take place throughout your body. Its benefits are best known in promoting good bone health (when combined with Calcium & Vitamin D). In addition to healthy bones, Magnesium:
- Maintains normal muscle and nerve function
- Keeps the heart beat regular & supports cardiovascular function
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Maintains blood sugar and blood pressure within normal range
- Promotes energy metabolism
In practical terms, there are 3 conditions that I most often recommend Magnesium for:
1.) For Muscle Cramps or Spasms: Take Mg in electrolyte powder form for maximum absorption into muscle tissue. Electrolyte packets (such as "Electrolyte Stamina") usually contain Magnesium Oxide or other easily absorbable forms.
2.) For Anxiety and Insomnia: Use magnesium glycinate or magnesium maleate, twice a day for best effects.
3.) For Constipation: Use magnesium citrate or magnesium oxide to bring more fluids in the digestive tract and gently support regularity. Start with a low dose and gradually increase (two times per day).